Thursday, September 25, 2014

Return of the unexpected

Its been awhile since I've been here. Life has been a blur since I last posted. I really am trying to be a less shitty blog owner. Maybe that's my thing. Maybe I am supposed to post once a year, and be done. I just don't know how so many mom bloggers do it. Especially the ones with full time jobs on top of being a parent! I can barely find time to brush my hair, let alone write up an entire blog post every week! But...I am here. I at least wanted to make sure to finish my series of unexpected events from this summer. So, sit back and settle in. This last part is a doozy!

The month in between my missed surgery and my new surgery date was hard. Harder than before. I could hardly stand while I was at work. I was constantly doubled over in pain. I had hard times getting out of bed because it hurt so bad.

The Monday before my surgery (August 18th) I went to the hospital to do my lab workup. They took my blood, weighed me, etc. The next night was my last night at work before I was scheduled to go on leave again. My surgery was set for Thursday and that was all I could think about that night at work. I spent most of the night sitting in personnel and crying. But I knew the pain was almost over.

The next day, which was the day prior to my surgery, I was off. I started my leave that day. I spent the morning in bed. My cell phone was broken at the time but I wasn't expecting any phone calls. I got a letter in the mail that day from my doctors office. It said;

"Please contact our office immediately in regards to your upcoming surgery."

I was certain it was something to do with my insurance as their was talk about it not covering the surgery previously. I felt like shit. But I had to call. The conversation went something like this;

Them: good afternoon, Ottumwa OB.
Me: yeah...hi...I just got a letter in the mail saying I need to call immediately.
Them: OK what is your name?
Me: Bethany B----
Them: OK yep, Traci wanted to speak with you please hold.
*on hold*
Them: Hi this is nurse Traci, is this Bethany?
Me:...yes
Them: well Bethany we are going to have to cancel your surgery tomorrow. Your lab results came back....and...you're pregnant, Bethany.
Me:.......*uncontrollable laughter*
Them:......

So needless to say, I was in complete shock! After thinking for so long I was unable to have more kids and then BAM when I least expected it! Since I am terrible at keeping up with my blog this is obviously pretty well old news. I am now 6 months pregnant with my 3rd little boy :) he is due April 22nd. His name is Finn :)

I am really going to try so much harder to keep up with this blog over this year. Forgive me if I am not around much in spring. I think I have a pretty valid reason not to be though. I am not super fashion blogging mommy extraordinare. But I will try :)

May the force be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment