Thursday, September 25, 2014

The unexpected strikes back

After two weeks of torture, I finally had my OB appointment. After going through the whole rigmarole, he too thought endometriosis. The only sure way to diagnose the condition is by doing a diagnostic laparoscopy. He also asked if I would like to be put on fertility medication, but I declined because the father of my boys and I were no longer in a relationship. We were still "seeing" each other occasionally, but neither of us were interested in a domestic relationship with the other anymore. I'm sure that sounds terrible, but it is what it is. We were exclusively seeing each other and no one else. We just didn't want to be in a relationship. Other than coparenting, we barely saw each other. Anyway, I don't feel the need to go any further with that. It'll make sense why I did later.

Moving on, the surgery was set for July 21st, and again being the hypochondriac I am, I was nervous. I took two weeks leave from work for the surgery which was a headache in itself. My sister was my ride to and from surgery as I couldn't drive myself. The day of my surgery, she was in a very minor car accident. Minor as in she was OK. Her car was totaled though. I was unable to find another way to my surgery so I had to reschedule.

They couldn't get me back in until August 21st. Now I was faced with another month of pain, with no answers. It was very upsetting.

To be continued.. Again

No comments:

Post a Comment